Wednesday, February 22, 2012

In the Press

Have you received your Machine Quilting Unlimited?... I got an early edition mailed to me which arrived yesterday. There's a great article, more than 6 pages in fact, on water quilts. My Sea Glass quilt made it into the article! It has a lovely selection of widely diverse quilts for which water of some form has been the inspiration. Sea Glass is one of my more favorite and special quilts made to date. It is painfully simple in design, constructed of just 48 kaleidoscope blocks (albeit with a good bit of applique added). But it's my first quilt of axisymmetric borders, and non-traditional design. My 7 year old middle child, Bryce, loves it. It will forever remind me of his discovery last summer of sea glass. It may have really been a broken beer bottle, but the joy of hunting for it on the beach together made it sea glass.


2 comments:

Linda said...

Congratulations! That's really awesome!!!!

Millie and Walter said...

I don't get that magazine, but maybe I should look into it.

I wanted to let you know that I gave you the Liebster Blog award yesterday. You can read about it here: http://birdbrainsanddogtales.wordpress.com/2012/02/24/liebster-award/

No problem if you don’t do blog awards. I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your beautiful work.

Cindy