Sunday, November 20, 2011

Progress

If you have not heard me previously, I LOVE GLIDE THREAD!!! Oh my goodness, this thread sews like a hot knife through butter. I have used other trilobal poly threads, and had issues with shredding or little pokies on the topside. Not with this thread. I love it so much, I ordered 5 cones last night. Fot those of you that like a good deal, 5000m of this thread costs only $7.20! A bargain on top of it being great thread. I foresee using this gold thread so much I got another cone. It's like all the bene's of a gold metallic, without the hassles.I have spent 12 hours so far (I like to get up super early), and have SID'd the entire quilt, as well as worked on several sections. I am pleased with this very-showy floral vinework on the purple. I will backfill around the pattern with a blendable plum thread.The feather through the greens looks nice, but I haven't decied if it is "fancy enough" for this quilt. It looks good, mind you, but it almost seems run of the mill. I am aiming for a little bit more outside the box .



I have done 3 of the 4 of these squares, and I like how they are turning out.

I spent a while this morning designing these triangles. There are 16 of them andthey need to have a good impact. After doing one, I stopped, thinking that this will get picked out. The poppy seems hard to disinguish. Got any better thoughts??
Oh, how I love to quilt my own quilts (and I seem to be being a better than usual customer too!)~

6 comments:

Jan Hutchison said...

It is fun to have time for your own work - I look forward to seeing this one when it is finished. I also love Glide thread - it's my current favorite!

Virginia said...

I don't have any ideas but I agree it gets lost in the fabric. LOVE the quilting you've done so far. Fabulous!!!!

Joan said...

Wonderful Margaret...Its great to see what you are doing.

Vicki W said...

Your quilting is fantastic!

Charlotte said...

I love your quilting and the confidence you show! Is the gold glide thread metallic, or does it just take on those properties? Have you found a silver your like? Keep on posting...it's so inpiring!

Angie in SoCal said...

Oh, my stars - what beautiful quilting!!