Friday, January 01, 2010

Quilt Block Round Robin - Join Us

If you love making quilts, but prefer the slow, month by month approach, consider this...

The Quilt Block Round Robin, coordinated by Alicia on flickr, will operate like this. You will make a block of your choice and size. You'll get to set some guidelines as well so that you don't end up with 12 maverick stars when you really wanted 9-patches. You get my drift... You send this block to another person in the swap. She will make another block to coordinate with your block, and then she will send them to the next person, who will do the same and so on. You will make a block for someone approximately once a month. After about a year (assuming the swap gets 12 people), you will get all your blocks back to make a quilt with. I don't know this for a fact, but in past months, most people have been very agreeable to make say 2 blocks rather than 1, so getting over 12 blocks for the year may be possible too. That still needs confirming though.

I have swapped with Alicia, and many of the other ladies that are signed up for this swap many times. I can vouch for the quality of people's sewing hands down. So...Come and join us. We are starting this month, but I think that the swap technically needs a few more people.

Not having any brown thread to longarm quilt the three brown quilts I currently have, I decided to make my block for this swap. As usual, I am a day late and a dollar short. I never think to make Christmassy things in October, before Christmas. But I want to get a set of modern and/or traditional Christmas trees. I made 3 because I suspect my quilt will want to be larger than what 12 blocks will make. These fun trees are under my skin now...I suspect I'll make a few more until my needed brown Superior thread arrives!



Sidenote...

Apparently my post roused enough interest the last couple days. We got another 3-4 people to sign up and now I believe this swap is closed!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I went to sign up for the block round robin and hope it is not too late!
hugz
Pam

Lynn E said...

Dear Supermom.
I would like to partake in this lovely block robin. I just finished one and I now have enough blocks to include in another swap I was in for my King size Autumn colored Buckeyed Beauty quilt. now just to sew it together.Have a lovely New Year.

Luv 2 Kreate said...

I would like to join if there is still room.

calicodaisy said...

Hey Margaret: I'd like to join if there is still room. -- michele