I started this nearly 2 years ago as a Christmas gift for my husband's brother and wife. I also started another one at the same time, which I thought I liked better. The applique was not yet on this runner then. I put the question to him of "Which runner do you like best to send to your brother", and he chose the other one. I was kind of bummed, but didn't back down from his decision. I finished that one, and promptly packed this one away for 20 months! A few weeks ago, I found it and decided I was in the mood to do the applique. I am so completely thrilled with his making me keep it!
I only realized after I thought it was finished that I forgot a couple of stems to the purple flowers!! Oops...I'm just pretending that they are "floating" flowers.
I quilted it in a variagated rose thread. I was a little bit tentative about doing this, versus a neutral tan, but I love the effect.
...probably need a double click to see detail in natural outdoor lighting.
The dark purple is a Loni Rossi that I picked up for $3/yard last year. I used it on the flowers as well as a flanged border by the binding.
And a glimpse at the back. The rose thread shows nicely against the green, and is most unexpected. Rather pretty texture I think too.
On a different note...I am still ridding my stash of novelties. These are Project Linus quilts #47 and 48 (unless I lost count).