Friday, August 21, 2009

Completed Quillows

One of the quilted pillow covers got the pink ruffle (to make it look larger than the 12" pillow that it is). Another got a piped edge, which conveniently I did not have to actually make. I had made a pillow cover 3 years ago which used that pink piping so I just had to pick ot off of that cover. Not fun, but recycled. And the last pillow (the 16") is without any edge treatment. I just LOVE them. They are girly and fun and pretty.
I used as many different coordinating fabrics just to add texture and variety. Here's a peek at the backs of them (which are not quilted). I did a slip opening with velcro closure on the back so that they can be removed and washed.
And...one final peek at the 2 quilts that will eventually be in my Princess's room (later this year or in the winter sometime). The new pillows are SO cute with both of her quilts. Not too shabby a digs for a little gal just turning three!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful work. My princess loved them too!

Emma said...

Oh, I really feel for ther poor, unloved, neglected little girl!!!

Kate Quilts said...

Really lovely, Margaret. All of it. :)

Birdydownunder said...

lovely cusions, lucky little Princess :)

Melissa ;-) said...

I have made and scene quite a few quillows, but never any as lovely as these!

Unknown said...

Oh, they are so lovely!