Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring has Arrived

It was a very lucky mail day. Not one international package, but two!! My Spring Fling round robin square arrived from Laila, and my Four Seasons Spring quilt. I was riddled with excitement, as I tore into the packages.

The awesome Janice has sent this gorgeous quilt to my humble abode, all the way from New Zealand. It is beyond what words can describe (probably beyond what my ability as a photographer can capture too!). Take a look...


(pardon the bright sun & shadow lines from my back deck. Inside the house is not a good place for taking pictures that show color true)

The free-motion quilting around the border is incredible as is the rest of it. It's raw-edge appliqued, which is something I have never undertaken. Like myself, she apparently has an enormous stash of green fabrics! It's so marvelous, really beautiful.

2 comments:

Helen said...

WoW! That 4 Seasons quilt is stunning! Very beautiful! Lucky you!

Janey said...

WOW. What a lucky girl you are. She even embroidered the label? What a talented quilter. It looks like it will match your decor perfectly.